Recommended Scanners and Receivers for Mercer County
In order to monitor Mercer County Sheriff's Office, you'll need a receiver or scanner capable of decoding Project 25 digital trunked systems. We recommend the following equipment:
Professional and Commercial P25 Receivers
- Unication G4 Handheld Receiver (700/800 MHz)-Handles P25 simulcast trunked systems extremely well!
- Unication G5 Handheld Receiver (700/800 MHz + VHF)-another great receiver for P25 simulcast trunked systems.
P25 Scanner Equipment
- Uniden BCD325P2 (Handheld)
- Uniden BCD436HP (Handheld)
- Uniden BCD536HP (Desktop/Mobile)
- Uniden Home Patrol 2 (Handheld)
- Uniden SDS100 (Handheld)
- Uniden SDS200 (Desktop/Mobile)
- Whistler TRX-1 (Handheld)
- Whistler TRX-2 (Desktop/Mobile)
- Whistler WS1065 (Desktop/Mobile)
- Whistler WS1040 (Handheld)
Cost-wise, a P25 capable receiver/scanner will run in the $350-$750 range depending on which model/retailer you select. Our suggestion: research and shop around! In some cases, you can find them much cheaper on Amazon, e-bay, and other online retailers.
If you just want to monitor Fire and EMS agencies, you only need a basic scanner capable of monitoring analog/conventional VHF frequencies. We recommend the following: